Claims Team Leader - PIP
Who is GAINSCO?
GAINSCO is not your typical insurance company. We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition, and because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. We couldn't be who we are without the people who work at GAINSCO. If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you will become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
Our culture attracts engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. Our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a PIP TEAM LEADER do at GAINSCO?
- Directly supervise 4-6 PIP Adjusters
- Accomplish staff (Adjuster) job results by coaching and counseling employees
- Provide daily and monthly reports
- Conduct unit meetings
- Maintain quality service by assuring prompt and accurate handling of claims
- Address escalated complaints
- Ensures all files are consistent and are in adherence to company and State policies and procedures
- Maintain relationships with vendors
- Maintain positive team morale
- Review and audit claims
What is required?
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years PIP claims adjusting experience in the auto insurance industry required
- Minimum 2 years in a claims leadership role preferred
- Full understanding of PIP claims investigations and claims processing
- Effective leadership skills is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective negotiating skills
- Knowledge of State laws regulating the automobile insurance industry
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage own time while prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to evaluate results and choose the best solution to the problem.
- Occasional weekend work may be required
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance.
- Parental Leave Policy.
- 401K + Company Match.
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.