Senior Student Insurance Underwriter
About the Role
Unique opportunity to join an organization that is in a transformation stage as they build out their infrastructure dramatic growth. The new executive team is building the organization into one of the world's leading specialty insurers in the Life and Health space.
The Senior Student Insurance Underwriter will serve as the SME for the Student Insurance vertical. Will prepare proposals based upon properly analyzed rates and oversee proposals generated by the Underwriting team. Prepares complex and customized quotes for new and renewing group insurance plans in accordance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Using rate models prepares proposal requests for group student opportunities
- Works with underwriters to analyze and prepare rates for the individual student sector of the market
- Subject matter expert in an area of specialty
- Working in collaboration with Sales and Actuarial
- Drafts policies and final documents for sold cases
- Responds to questions from sales reps and brokers about quotes and benefits
- Updates manuals and materials related to insurance products
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years insurance and underwriter experience and 2+ years student insurance underwriting
- Strong mathematic, analytic & strategic capabilities
- Familiar with insurance practices and benefits, International experience a plus
- Detail-oriented and able to make independent decisions
- Strong skills in Excel
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$70,000 to $100,000. Health, Dental and Vision, 401K / Roth, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Paid Holiday and PTO time.