Director, Business Analysis
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Oversees a team of business analysts (directly or through managers) conducting operational reporting and analysis that is typically function-specific (e.g., claims, distribution, underwriting, marketing, etc.) and/or performing business operations analysis work (how work gets done within a functional group) in order to solve problems and improve business outcomes. Influences strategy related to work overseen.
- Oversees complex analyses conducted based on operational, economic and/or financial data in order to quantify the competitive performance of business segments, evaluate potential operational changes, and/or design new approaches and methodologies.
- Oversees building the business case for making changes to current practices, programs or procedures.
- Leads the conducting of current state assessment, opportunity assessment, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility assessment, etc.
- Provides leadership to the implementation and evaluation of business process changes through function-wide scope, partnering with stakeholders.
- Oversees the development of metrics used to determine operational performance, staffing needs, productivity, or other measures deemed valuable to an organization.
- Manages complex report/dashboard development that enables key insight into the overall business and/or unit.
- Oversees the development of presentations to senior management regarding findings and recommendations.
- Hires, develops, provides coaching to, and makes compensation recommendations for staff.
- Defines individual performance objectives and development plans, and ensures alignment with department, function, and SBU objectives.
- Fosters an environment in which continuous improvement methodologies are applied to deliver value to customers.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge of data sources, tools, applications and business drivers.
- Advanced knowledge of business operations, policies, procedures and priorities, to include a strong understanding of the function's value chain and market conditions.
- Solid ability to select, develop and engage employees.
- Strong ability to exercise influence and build consensus; communication skills;
- Promote collaboration, teamwork and change initiatives; and to build value for customers through a service orientation, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Displays sound business acumen and integrated thinking.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred. Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience to include business analysis work and prior experience working in an effective leadership and/or management capacity.
8-10 years of experience in Business and/or Operations Analysis
Insurance industry experience highly preferred
Competitive intelligence experience highly preferred
Ability to engage and influence stakeholders / leadership
Presentation skills experience