Middle Market Product Line Manager
The Middle Market Product Line Manager is responsible for developing, growing, and maintaining a profitable, diversified book of business through marketing, underwriting decision making, building mutually beneficial agent/brokers relationships and establishing a marker-facing leadership presence, and application of underwriting tools, systems, and expert resources. Guides/mentors less experienced underwriters in their respective area of expertise, including regular employee coaching with feedback to the manager on progress of the employee
- Risk Selection: Reviews, rates, underwrites, evaluates, or assesses the business applying for insurance by qualifying accounts, identifying, selecting and assessing risks, determining the premium, policy terms and conditions, obtaining approvals, creating/presenting the proposal to the agent/broker, and successfully negotiating deals.
- Agent/Broker Relationships: Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness and focus on supporting Agents and Brokers objectives. Establishes, develops, and maintains successful relationships with Agents and Brokers to facilitate marketing of products, through responsive service, site visits, in person renewal meetings or enhanced knowledge of their customers businesses. Develops strong personal brand to build and maintain a long-term quality pipeline with Agents/Brokers.
- Portfolio Management: Manages a sizable and complex book of business by analysing the portfolio, identifying areas of opportunity for improved growth, profit and diversification, and executing marketing plans to increase market share by making marketing calls to brokers to market and cross market.
- Leadership: Formally guides, mentors, and coaches underwriters and account analysts in both technical and professional skills. Demonstrates an area of expertise and provides regular updates to other underwriters.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively participates in continuous improvement by generating suggestions, participating in problem solving activities and using continuous improvement tools to support the work of the team.
- Advanced-level knowledge of insurance products/coverage, underwriting, pricing, risk selection, market segments and marketplace; insurance finance and actuarial concepts; loss control/risk engineering; marketing techniques, regulatory environment and reinsurance; advanced-level knowledge of territory management.
- Ability to apply underwriting/appetite, tools, systems, and resources to achieve goals, solve complex problems, establish and build healthy working relationships, lead mentoring relationships.
- Develop innovative high potential products consistent with the actual needs in the market. This includes vertical industries, market segments, and specialty niches. I
- Implement Digital solutions for the distribution of no-touch products in B2B and B2C schemes for the SME business, including added value services to the Insureds by using technologies such as IoT, AI, Cloud, Blockchain.
- Understanding of Cat risk and Cat models output and their impact in a P&L
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 year of experience in similar roles in Insurance
- Excellent understanding of class portfolio underwriting and insurance/reinsurance knowledge
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory regime of its region of scope
- Strong analytical skills in order to support data-driven decision-making for risk profiling and pricing and loss models
- Experienced at sourcing and championing data-driven research, asking the right questions to derive optimum output, and turning results into recommendations.
- Strong understanding of how different functions and teams work together to support the objectives of the business
- Team player, able to see beyond the individual class of business
- Understanding of relevant market and influential factors
- Suitable understanding of financial and actuarial principles to assess risk
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills with strong commercial acumen
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion skills set, proven ability to engage and lead a team. Motivate and encourage career development
- Forward thinking approach to enhance Liberty underwriting proposition and performance
- Ability to articulate strategic vision of the class portfolio(s)
- Degree or equivalent qualification desired e.g. ACII
- Extensive experience within an appropriate underwriting discipline within the insurance industry
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.