Claims Business Analyst
The Claims Performance Analyst works closely with the senior Claims leadership team and other business units to gather data, analyze trends, develop performance reports, and support the implementation of improvement opportunities.
- Gather data, analyze performance, and support reporting for the senior management team by utilizing advanced reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, SQL, Power BI, R etc.).
- Provide reporting that minimizes redundancies, provides consistency, and maximizes efficiency.
- Support data requests to determine how available data may fulfill the information need in question.
- Identify data trends, patterns and drivers.
- Participate in management meetings to communicate and report observations and collaborate in identifying solutions.
- Prepare and review executive review package, including operational metrics and financial analysis.
- Prepare financial presentations for executive and senior leader review meetings.
- Assist in special projects as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Analytics, Accounting or a related field.
- MS Preferred
Years of experience in a similar/related role
- 1+ year(s) experience in data analysis that includes translating insights into recommendations.
- Ability to provide innovative approach to problem solving.
- Possesses strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative approach to problem solving.
- Experience in performing statistical analyses, such as predictive modeling, time series analysis, exploratory data analysis, segmentation and cluster analysis, retention, etc.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to interpreting results and identifying potential business drivers.
- Innovative approach to problem solving.
- Project Management skills.
Preferred background – management, analysis, data extraction etc.
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with analytics / modeling solutions (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, SQL, Power BI, etc.)
- 2 years of experience in the fields of Analytics and Reporting
- Experience with data storytelling and distilling complex information into understandable ideas.
- Six Sigma/Lean experience or certification.