Water Mitigation Specialist
Looking for a Water Restoration Lead Technician who is interested in working for an insurance company as a Water Mitigation Specialist.
Position is responsible for analyzing, auditing and evaluating water mitigation reports, readings, drying logs, estimates and invoices to ensure they are reasonable and appropriate based on the services provided and per established guidelines.
- Review and monitor mitigation estimates and final bills to ensure they are reasonable and appropriate for the work performed; prepare comparative estimates.
- Accurately review emergency water mitigation information provided by vendors, and claim documentation, to verify services performed.
- Review and respond to requests submitted for mitigation services to exceed applicable policy limit for emergency measures.
- Interact with preferred and non-preferred vendors within designated timeframes throughout mitigation process to ensure appropriate water mitigation and dry out is performed.
- Communicate with assigned adjuster handling the claim and their claims management.
- When necessary, negotiate with preferred and non-preferred vendors to assure bills are in line with appropriate pricing and scope.
- Create alignment regarding policy and procedures with claims department and across vendors for handling water mitigation.
- Identify trends and recommend best practices and procedures to the Supervisor of Water Mitigation Services (EMS) team.
- Use Xactimate estimating software to adjust and reconcile mitigation estimates.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Florida licensed All-Lines adjuster (620), at least 12 hours of yearly Continuing Education as required by licensing division of DFS.
- 2+ years experience in property adjusting required preferred. Experience in performing water mitigation may offset property adjusting experience.
- 3+ years experience in water mitigation estimating and specialized training.
- IICRC certified; strong working knowledge of IICRC guidelines.
- Good skills working with customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work well within deadlines.
- Knowledge of property insurance policy and coverage analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Xactimate or similar estimating program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.