PIP Demand Adjuster
Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, it is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a PIP DEMAND ADJUSTER do?
- Maintains workflow by corresponding with attorneys and medical providers; preparing supporting documents for response to attorney and/or medical provider
- Resolves claim up to specific limit by verifying policy coverage; analyzing recorded statements, medical records and information gathered by investigation; negotiating settlements; determining pay off amounts; issuing payments.
- Maintains quality service by making timely contact and informing all relevant parties of Pre-Suit Demand status; proactively communicating with adjusters, management and key personnel in various departments.
- Ensures legal compliance by accurately documenting findings and recommendations; handling claim file according to established guidelines and procedures within specified timeline.
- Assists in other areas of PIP department on as needed basis when workload dictates need for additional staffing
What makes a PIP DEMAND ADJUSTER successful at GAINSCO?
At GAINSCO, our competitive culture, great rates, and creative marketing campaigns have customers contacting us – every day – for their insurance needs. As a successful PIP DEMAND ADJUSTER you will apply your technical knowledge and human relations skills to review and analyze PIP claim files referred to PIP Pre-Suit Demand Unit to determine potential exposures and identify cases that should be recommended for settlement.
What is required?
- High School or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in Auto Insurance as a PIP Claims Adjuster.
- Full understanding of Auto claims investigation and claims processing.
- Knowledge of auto insurance industry regulations and State of Florida PIP Statutes.
- Experience with Recorded Statements, Coverage and Liability Investigations.
- A valid State Adjuster License where required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage own time while prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to evaluate results and choose the best solution to the problem.
- Occasional weekend work may be required
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance.
- Parental Leave Policy.
- 401K + Company Match.
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.