Avail- Field Operations Manager (Ft. Myers)
Avail is a car sharing service to help people get where they want to gowhether thats to run errands, take an unforgettable road trip, or explore a new citywhile helping locals earn cash from their unused cars. We are passionate about making shared transportation safe, simple, and affordable, and redefining what it means to own a car.
Weve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As a part of Avail, youll make a direct impact and help build a business from the ground up. No matter where youve been, were always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.Job Summary
Avail is a car sharing service to help people get where they want to go whether thats to run errands, take an unforgettable road trip, or explore a new city-while helping locals earn cash from their unused cars. We are passionate about making shared transportation safe, simple, and affordable, and redefining what it means to own a car. Weve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As part of Avail, youll make a direct impact and help build a business form the ground up. No matter where youve been, were always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.
The mission of Avail is to reduce thecost of car ownership for Americans by matching owners of underused vehicles with individuals who would like to loan them convenient, affordable vehicles. The Avail FieldOperations Manager focuses on supporting the operations of the business. The Field Operations Manager will be the face to the customer and willoversee operational processes and provide vision and direction to meet strategic goals and exceed customer andowner expectations.As a member of the Avail Operations leadership team, this position reports directly to the Avail Senior Field Operations Manager.A Field Operations Manager will typically have 6 to 10 direct reports and is accountable for the results of his/her individual performance and the performance of his/her team. Location of work is based near airport.
- Launching and establishing brand new Avail airport location
- Develop and manage a team of onsite specialists, guiding and supporting their efforts to design, implement, execute, and improve service request and fulfillment processes
- Inform development and evolution of process capabilities and enabling technologies
- Inform objectives for operational processes including customer support, dispatch, case management, issue resolution, and provider support
- Develop and manage solutions to achieve process objectives and performance targets (timeliness, quality, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Participate in the operations management team, regularly sharing observations and ideas and contributing to the evolution of business strategy and practices
- Promote a culture of high performance, collaboration, learning, and skillful innovation and evolution
- Support team planning, budget, and expenses
- Ensure team members receive timely and appropriate training and development
- Establish and monitor team and individual performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments
- Work with leadership to meet strategic goals and exceed customer and owner expectations
- Bachelors degree or comparable experience base
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience managing a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead new operational processes
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to represent Avail in a variety of internal and external forums
- Process-oriented and able to lead process improvement projects
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within company-required standards
Thats the day to day, heres the bigger picture.
Avail was founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2018. But youll be working for (and at) Avail. Our work environment blends the ingenuity and flexibility of a startup with the scale and strengths of a Fortune 100 company. Perks include a generous PTO policy, flexible working options, and a focus on leadership, wellness, and culture. We also offer 401k, health insurance, and other employment benefits for your future.
See a job you love? We encourage you to apply, even if your experience isnt a perfect match.
We generally do not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.