Donor Relations Support Specialist
Team member assigned to the Community Engagement Unit in the office of the CEO. Performs general program support duties to include but not limited to, coordination of paperwork and records, including scanning, photocopying, faxing, mailing, data entry, filing and taking notes and compiling minutes for meetings.
Duties include data entry for multiple program efforts, use of fiscal tracking systems and paperwork in support of program initiatives, and generating reports using a full range of computer software, including spreadsheets, word processing, and donor data base programs (FR50) to assist in researching department objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
Program Logistical Support:
• Enter data for multiple projects in an accurate manner.
• Track program initiatives, objectives and deadlines to ensure timely completion of requested reports.
• Assist with the completion of in-kind forms for all department efforts with material donations and volunteer participation.
• Ongoing follow up and Gala collateral materials distribution to prospective attendees and silent auction contributors.
• Coordinate and ensures accurate and timely submission and documentation of purchase order requests, credit card authorizations, and check requests.
• Participate in all departmental and various assigned committee/taskforce meetings, providing support with notes and minutes as well as follow up action items.
• Assist in the tracking and promotion of various department efforts, including special events and special project initiatives, trainings and working with volunteers.
Prepare and send correspondence letters and drafting various invitation letters.
• Coordination of department inventory for project supplies and materials.
• Organize and package evaluation forms while following-up with department directors for pre and post event and special projects efforts.
• Assist team lead with grant support as required.
• Prepare collateral material for community events coordinated by the Volunteer Coordinator (i.e. civic club presentations, chamber events, Celebrity Readers, community and volunteer fairs)
• Assist Volunteer Coordinator with follow up with prospective volunteers.
• Assist with the organization and preparation of materials, books and letters for Book Buddy program.
• Assist in the tracking of Ready Readers, Books and Badges, volunteer orientation and hours and other ELCOC initiatives into FR50.
• Assist with the reception desk coverage as needed.
• Assist with all organizational event logistics as directed by team lead.
• Assist at Outreach and Awareness events, i.e. producing pledge cards and securing sponsor logos.
• Participate in communications unit meetings and assists with preparing meeting materials and reports.
• Assists in designing sponsor packets and mail merges.
• Assists in drafting Development project timelines.
• Assists in designing process for special event seating and greeting VIP’s.
• Assists with ongoing follow ups and Gala information distribution to prospective attendees and silent auction contributors.
Donor Relations and Donor Data Base
• Maintenance of donor data across various databases and generates data reports (ex. Abila FR50, Salesforce, and Constant Contact)
• Assist in securing auction items and follow up with auction donors.
• Work with silent auction platform, generates reports, assist in sending stewardship letters to auction bidders and works with “night off” auction platforms expert during The First Five Years Gala.
• Assist with collection and ensuring current and accurate content such as photos from Gala Honorees, sponsor logos and ads.
• Provide assistance to the reception area as needed.
(This job description may not be all-inclusive, and employee is expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.)
• Knowledge of business English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar in order to prepare and read documents and correspondence.
• Ability to take accurate meeting notes.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
• Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with a variety of constituents.
• Knowledge of basic customer service techniques.
• Expert in the use of computer software (MS Office Suite) especially Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to navigate and perform research using the Internet. Experience with using SharePoint.
• Must possess valid Florida ID or driver’s license and access to a reliable transportation to and from work.
• Ability to work flexible hours/schedule i.e., occasional Saturdays and/or evening hours.
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of tasks, program responsibilities and deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills and effective record management practices, attention to detail.
• Ability to follow policies, procedures, and rules set by the Coalition.
• Professional appearance and presentation.
• Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socioeconomic levels.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
Education and Experience:
• Associates Degree (AA) or a minimum of two years of college with at least 7 years of progressive office support experience.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines under pressure and effectively multi-task.
• Possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize projects.
• Demonstrates ability to make minor updates and postings on websites.
• Demonstrates ability to perform light accounting procedures.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)