Sr. Technical Lines Underwriter - Latin America
Our client is recognized as an A-rated (Excellent) organization by AM Best and has a global footprint across six continents. Offering specialty products across multiple industries for over 100 years, our client is a powerhouse in the insurance industry. We are looking for a Sr. Technical Lines Underwriter in Miami, Florida to underwrite the Latin American and Caribbean Region.
Title: Sr. Technical Lines Underwriter – Latin America
Location: Miami, Florida; Territory is Latin America/Caribbean
Overview: The Sr. Technical Lines Underwriter will Underwrite Technical Lines and Construction and manage the portfolio in Latin America. Fluency in Spanish and English is required for this role.
- Underwrite, analyze, and manage the assigned onshore operational technical lines and construction insurance portfolio.
- Meet regularly with insurance/reinsurance brokers and risk managers/insureds.
- Identify and develop business and provide quotes to international brokers in Latin America including underwriting and quotation proposals.
- Underwrite assessment of risks and prepare referrals on new and renewal business.
- Place facultative reinsurance when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Civil/Mechanical Engineering a plus.
- 7+ years underwriting in Technical Lines and Construction insurance/reinsurance.
- Experience placing facultative reinsurance for complex risks.
- Negotiation and management skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Portuguese fluency an advantage.
- Travel may be required.
Pay: Contact Recruiter for More Info.