PIP/Med Pay First Responder
Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, it is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a PIP/MED PAY FIRST RESPONDER do at GAINSCO?
- Investigates complex coverage information, takes recorded statements, secures police reports, repair estimates, vehicle photos, and other related documents.
- Conducts electronic and telephonic investigations, identifies, and refers potential indicators to our Special Investigation Unit (SIU) for additional assistance.
- Assists customers throughout the 1st Party Medical claims process by explaining the applicable benefits, eligibility, required forms and procedures, providing claim status updates and information through both verbal and written communications.
- Resolves 1st Party Medical Claims by sending recommendations to management for approval or denial of Coverage and/or Qualification based on Policy Language, Statutes, state regulations and file investigation.
- Reviews and responds to Correspondence and medical bills timely in accordance with State Regulations and company guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
What is required?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 2 or more years of experience in Auto Insurance as a Claims Adjuster required
- Experience with 1st Party Medical Claims Preferred
- Ability to obtain a valid State Adjuster License where required
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time while prioritizing multiple tasks
- Must be adaptable, analytical and a self-starter
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers
- Ability to gather and analyze information to draw independent conclusions and recommendations
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is preferred
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + Company Match
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer