PLEASE NOTE: Your application will expire one year from the time of submission. Please feel free to apply to any other positions for which you may qualify.
At Florida Virtual School (FLVS), we value our diverse and dedicated team of instructors and support staff. Our values of excellence, innovation, community, balance, and communication create a work environment in which everyone feels confident and appreciated. FLVS does more than just talk about our values; we live them and rely on them to be the foundation of everything we do.
We recognize that without the instructors and staff who comprise our team, we would not be able to give our students the educational experience they deserve. Whether you're part of our instructional staff working with students one-on-one to propel them toward success or one of our support staff members working tirelessly to ensure the FLVS journey is the cutting-edge experience you'd expect from the industry leader, all of us at FLVS work with a common commitment in mind – the student is at the center of every decision we make. FLVS employees are passionate about delivering high-quality digital learning on a robust online platform to achieve content mastery for student success.
Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, a well-rounded benefits package, paid time off (including holidays, vacation, and sick leave), and an array of professional development opportunities. We're always looking to add to our team of more than 3,000 dedicated professionals who are leading online education worldwide with transformative digital solutions – personalized to every student. Job Posting End Date:
Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM on
Annual Salary:$59,740.00 - $88,740.00
(Support staff salary will be based on internal equity and experience)Location:
FL - HOME OFFICEJob Description Summary:
Our Mission is to deliver a high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success.
FLVS does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law.The Position:
POSITION GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Business Analyst translates business and system needs into requirements for Designers, developers and Testers to consume and uses requirements elicitation, analysis, specification verification techniques for the purpose. The Business Analyst may work on multiple requests simultaneously, for more than one user department. The Business Analyst is engaged in work efforts at various scales ranging from minor defects fixes and enhancements to assistance with development of new applications. They are also involved in various types of solution approaches (custom development, page implementation, etc.) and solution domains (business applications, data warehouses, web services, infrastructure, etc.). The Business Analyst will demonstrate a knowledge of the software development lifecycle and AGILE methodology.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Build a relationship between business partners and the IT department relative to requirements, solutions and priorities
- Develop requirement documentation that will translate business needs into requirements that can be understood by the solution development team
- Participate as needed in IT design reviews to ensure compatibility and interoperability of computing systems
- Develop a knowledge of system capabilities and functions of assigned application software. Use this knowledge to recommend optimal solutions to business requirements that best leverages the product
- Manage special projects as assigned by IT management
- Provide advice and recommendations on emerging IT trends
- Provide advice and consultation to other more junior Business Analysts on more difficult and complex assignments and implement ways to reuse requirements across projects
- Ensure that proposed system features and requirements meet user needs and satisfy business objectives and initiatives
- May assist in creation and implementation of test plans that are mapped to documented requirements
- Perform and coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and/or BETA presentations as required on department related projects
- Create training and system documentation, conduct training sessions as necessary
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, Education, or Information Systems ; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Industry certifications in business analysis, software systems, network or project management disciplines, preferred
- CBAP® (Certified Business Analysis Professional) Certification, preferred
- Three years' experience as a business analyst or similar system/business support role and/or Five years' experience with internal systems, such as VSA Suite and LMS, plus 3 or more years' experience teaching or managing teachers
- One year experience and proficiency with knowledgebase, defect tracking, and requirements related software systems (such as ServiceNow, IBM Rational RequisitePro, JIRA, etc.)
- Three years' experience and proficient with core software applications, including Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Some experience with design and implementation of technical environments using various technologies and languages.
- Knowledge of importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Educational technology, financial systems including a firm understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, and human resource information systems.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Three years' experience in SDLC methodologies, (such as AGILE), preferred
Knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, modeling, verification and methodology development
- Knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven analytical, mathematical, communication, and creative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Strong listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to evaluate information from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and abstract low-level information to a more general understanding
- Ability to utilize solution modeling to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language
- Ability to communicate clearly with end-users, peers and management through use of business analysis plans, status, and develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to deal with varied and difficult personalities while maintaining an even temperament
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Clearly and effectively conveys and/or presents information verbally; summarizes what was heard to mitigate miscommunication; Shares ideas and perspectives and encourages others to do the same; Informs others involved in a project of new developments; Disseminates information to other employees, as appropriate; Effectively uses multiple channels to communicate important messages; Keeps supervisor well informed about progress and/or problems in a timely manner; Writes in a clear, concise, organized and convincing way for a variety of target audiences; The written message is consistently error-free; The written message has the desired effect on the target audience
Prioritizes customers (internal and external) and their needs as primary and is dedicated to meeting their expectations; Develops and maintains customer relationships; builds credibility and trust; Quickly and effectively solves customer problems; Provides prompt, attentive service in a cheerful manner; adapts to changing information, conditions or challenges with a positive attitude; Incorporates customer feedback into delivery of service to provide the best experience possible for the customer; Actively promotes FLVS in community by serving as a FLVS ambassador or volunteer
Relates well with others; Treats others with respect; Shares views in a tactful way; Demonstrates diplomacy by approaching others about sensitive issues in non-threatening ways; Considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others; Fosters an environment conducive to open, transparent communication among all levels and positions; Takes the initiative to get to know internal and external customers
FUNCTIONAL /TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Has the skills, abilities, knowledge and experience to be successful in functional area of expertise; Dedicates time and energy to keeping abreast of the latest information related to area of expertise and technology; Picks up on technology quickly; Does well in technical courses and seminars; Produces high quality work in organized and timely fashion
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all; Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; Solves problems with peers with minimal “noise”; Is seen as a team player and is cooperative; Easily gains trust and support peers; Encourages collaboration; Is candid with peers
Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions; Takes calculated risks; Is not afraid to try new things and potentially “fail fast”
Seeks feedback; Gains insight from mistakes; Is open to constructive criticism; isn't defensive; Proactively seeks to understand his/her strengths and areas for growth; applies information to best serve organization; Recognizes how his/her behavior impacts others and incorporates insight into future interactions
Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; Sets objectives and goals; Breaks down work into the process steps; Develops schedules and task/people assignments; Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; Measures performance against goals; Evaluates results
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; Can attend to a broader range of activities as a result of organizing time efficiently; Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; Arranges information and files in a useful manner
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; Probes all fruitful sources for answers; Can see hidden problems; Is excellent at honest analysis; Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; Very bottom- line oriented; Steadfastly pushes self and others for results; Is full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; Consistently seizes opportunities; Consistently exceeds goals
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Location: Orlando VLC/Remote
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel is required for meetings, trainings and conferences; location may vary and may require overnight stays
- Light physical activities and efforts required working in an office environment
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)