Claims Representative -Stuart, FL
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Investigate, validate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle all claims as assigned.
- Submit reserve recommendations on assigned claims.
- Communicate with the public regarding procedures, problems, and coverages.
- Negotiate fair settlement with individual claimants or Attorneys.
- Maintain claim files and follow departmental reporting procedures.
- Report risk reviews to the Underwriting department.
- Participate in training and continuing education courses as requested or required.
- Prepare estimates on auto and property losses.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Obtain Adjuster's license in 6 months
- Strong Verbal communication & listening skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Possesses strong product knowledge
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituent