PIP Litigation Adjuster
Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a PIP Litigation Adjuster do at GAINSCO?
- To review and analyze personal injury claim files referred to litigation in order to determine potential exposures, identify cases that should be recommended for settlement, and develop strategic plans with defense counsel to resolve litigated claims in an efficient, cost-effective, quality manner.
- Monitors severity and expenditures by reviewing files to determine potential exposures; identifying impediments/extra-contractual obligations; analyzing cost effectiveness of litigation versus settlement; collaborating with defense counsel on the claim handling strategy, roles and responsibilities, and the budget(s).
- Ensures legal compliance by accurately documenting findings and recommendations; handling litigated file according to established guidelines and procedures within specified timelines; attending mediations and trials.
- Maintains workflow by corresponding with claimants, insureds and attorneys; assigning appropriate files to defense counsel; directing and monitoring cases assigned to defense counsel; reconciling invoices for billed Defense Services.
- Maintains quality service by making timely contact and informing all relevant parties of case status; proactively communicating key personnel in other Departments.
What is required?
Education and License:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- A valid State Adjuster License where required
- 5 or more years of personal injury claims adjusting experience in the auto insurance industry, with at least 2 years litigation experience
- Full understanding of auto claims investigations and claims processing
- Knowledge of automobile damage, mechanics of bodily injury, medical terminology, settlement negotiations and insurance case laws
- Prior experience interpreting policy language and state statutes is required
- Prior experience in reviewing and analyzing bodily injury claim files referred to litigation in order to determine potential exposures, identify cases that should be recommended for settlement, and developing strategic plans with defense counsel to resolve litigated claims in an efficient, cost-effective, quality manner
- Ideal candidate will have a proven track record of making sound coverage and liability decisions based on facts presented by customers and/or through additional fact gathering and investigations.
- Experience in handling moderate to severe “attorney represented” injury claims is required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- General office skills and basic math
- Ability to manage time while prioritizing multiple tasks
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify approaches and solutions to problems
- Ability to quickly build rapport and successfully effect settlements
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + Company Match
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer