Remote Principal Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our tech teams combine a start-up mindset and agile methodologies with Fortune 100 stability. If you're proactive, resourceful, and ready to use new technologies and open frameworks to innovate and inspire, there's a place here for you.
We are looking for a Senior or Principal Software Engineer to bring their passion and skill for software, architecture, and engineering practices to lead the transformation and aggressive modernization of our core business systems. This role directly supports the GRM US strategic objective of being #1 in the Independent Agent (IA) channel. Specifically, you will be aligned to the team planning, architecting, and implementing a technical strategy to transform a multi-billion dollar application into a modern, cloud-based system. The IA channel is growing rapidly, and the transformation of the technology supporting it is critical to the long-term expansion and success of the business.
Why should you join our team?
- We are focused on leveraging modern technology to deliver value, increase our return on investment, and reduce our total cost of ownership
- Our market segment is continuing to expand which drives demand for more features
- We work as ONE team with adjacent squads and business partners
- We continually strive to improve both our technical capabilities and culture to be the BEST place to work
- You will have many opportunities to help shape the future of our team's capabilities and technical solutions
- Bachelor`s degree
- 7+ years of related software engineering experience
- Experience using C#
- Experience with .NET Core and .NET Framework, or strong experience with Angular 12 and TypeScript, along with experience with RxJS Observables and NgRx/redux-style state management
- Experience and proficiency with Kubernetes, Protocol Buffers, and gRPC preferred
- Strong candidates will be proficient leveraging cloud services offered by AWS and/or Azure
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles
- High proficiency with web / microservice design and engineering principles
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.