PIP/Med Pay Claims Representative
Who is GAINSCO?
GAINSCO is not your typical insurance company. We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition, and because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. We couldn't be who we are without the people who work at GAINSCO. If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you will become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
Our culture attracts engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. Our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a PIP/Med Pay Claims Representative do at GAINSCO?
- Review and Process reimbursement requests under the applicable 1st Party Medical Coverage based on fee schedules, policy terms, co-pays and deductibles. Analyze file documentation, medical bills, medical records, employment, wage information and other documentation provided.
Responds promptly to written or verbal inquiries from injured parties, medical providers, and attorneys. Ensure PIP payment logs, claim information, policy information and payment information requested is provided within Statutory timelines.
Assists customers throughout the 1st Party Medical claims process by explaining the applicable benefits, eligibility, required forms and procedures, providing claim status updates and information through both verbal and written communications.
What is required?
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 1-2 years working in a fast paced, dynamic organization. Insurance Background is preferred but not required
- General work experience with demonstrated superior customer service and time management skills is preferred
- Ability to obtain a valid State Adjuster License where required
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to plan, prioritize and organize day effectively
- Must be adaptable, analytical and a self-starter
- Ability to gather and analyze information to draw independent conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers
- Detail oriented and ability to follow up on tasks till completed
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance.
- Parental Leave Policy.
- 401K + Company Match.
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.