Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Non-Repped) - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a Claims Representative - Level II do at GAINSCO?
- Gathering and evaluating complex coverage information, taking recorded statements, securing police reports, repair estimates and other related documents.
- Conduct electronic and telephonic investigation along with assigning field appraisers to assist with investigations as well as handle non-attorney represented injury claims.
- Evaluating property damage and Bodily Injury, determining coverage and liability. Negotiating and settling Bodily Injury and liability claims.
- Ensure legal compliance by following guidelines, company policies, and state and federal insurance regulations.
- Initiate investigation of claims involving complex coverage claims, complex liability, and/or bodily injury claims (non-attorney represented), as well as questionable claims.
- Resolve claim by approving or denying documentation; calculating benefit due; initiating payment or composing denial letter.
What is required?
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in Auto Insurance as a Claims Adjuster is required.
- Prior experience interpreting policy language and state statutes is required.
- Proven track record of making sound coverage and liability decisions.
- Experience handling minor to moderate complexity claims.
- A valid State Adjuster License where required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage own time while prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to evaluate results and choose the best solution to the problem.
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive Salary based on experience. $5,000 sign-on bonus will be included for external candidates hired into this role.
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance.
- Parental Leave Policy.
- 401K + Company Match.
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.