Remote Senior Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our tech teams combine a start-up mindset and agile methodologies with Fortune 100 stability. If you're proactive, resourceful, and ready to facilitate the use new technologies and open frameworks to innovate and inspire, there's a place here for you.
We are looking for a Principal or Senior Software Engineer to bring their passion and skill to execute on the transformation and aggressive modernization of our core business systems.
This role directly supports the GRM US strategic objective of being #1 in the Independent Agent (IA) channel. Specifically, you will be aligned to the team planning, architecting, and implementing a state of the art agent quoting experience. The IA channel is growing rapidly, and the transformation of the technology supporting it is critical to the long-term expansion and success of the business.
Technical skills profile
- Generally 5+ years of experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Full Stack experience (preferably C# / .NET, Angular TS), and is willing to support legacy systems (.NET Framework, Web Forms).
- Pursues Excellent Engineering through clean coding practices.
- Applies fundamental knowledge of optimal data structures and algorithms to problem solving.
- Communicates system designs and code structures through group discussion and documentation.
- Enjoys the code review process to constructive critique and analysis.
- Is diligent and thorough in understanding business requirements and gathering functional requirements.
- Puts people first, Makes things better.
- Leads by helping others succeed through positive motivation, while supporting existing leadership and squad norms.
- Pairs with other developers in story/feature analysis and implementation.
- Creates measurable and actionable stories in an Agile environment.
- Works with lightweight processes and helps others to manage ambiguity.
- Is supportive, energetic, and inspiring.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.