Duck Creek Configurator
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Duck Creek Configurator is a position in the Operations/policy administration organization. With supervision, the Duck Creek Configurator will use the tools and resources within the policy administration system (PAS) to configure areas of the system including rates, rules and forms.
The Duck Creek Configurator is responsible for the following activities aligned the area(s) of responsibility assigned (i.e. rules, rates, forms):
- Assist with monitoring the Operations helpdesk, perform triage, escalate requests to the appropriate parties and perform level one helpdesk support functions (i.e. setting up new users in various applications, assist with passwords).
- Respond to request for technical assistance in person, via phone or electronically.
- With supervision,
- Understands the business and regulatory requirements and ensures they are met prior to making configuration changes in the PAS.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Utilizes the configuration tools available in the PAS to make approved changes and performs testing to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Fix any defects found in testing as they relate to the product configuration.
- Performs peer review and quality testing on other configuration changes and changes as assigned.
- Documents requirements, including creating use cases and user stories documents. Keeps any knowledge base documents current.
- Writes and executes test plans and test scripts.
- Follows the best practices for code deployment including working on local repository and performing pull/push/merge code.
- Maintains accurate records in JIRA software, service desk and confluence applications.
- Generates routine project status reports in the format and within the timelines requested by management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in an area of study with analytic emphasis (typically math, computer sciences, or accounting).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products
- Familiarity with insurance, insurance products, rules and methodologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Solid understanding the Duck Creek Author tool.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Exhibit prior experience performing analytical or quantitative activities in spreadsheet/database types of software applications.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent presentation skills