Claims Team Leader - Level II
Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a CLAIMS TEAM LEADER – LEVEL II do?
- Directly supervise 4-6 Adjusters handling Non-Attorney Represented Bodily Injury Claims and/or Property Damage Claims
- Accomplish staff (Adjuster) job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Provide daily and monthly reports
- Conduct unit meetings
- Maintain quality service by assuring prompt and accurate handling of claims
- Address escalated complaints
- Ensures all files are consistent and are in adherence to Company and State policies and procedures
- Maintain relationships with vendors
- Maintain positive team morale
- Review and audit claims
What is required?
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience may be considered
- A valid State Adjuster License where required
- Minimum 3 years bodily injury claims (non-attorney and/or attorney represented) adjusting experience in the auto insurance industry
- Minimum 2 years in a claims leadership role
- Full understanding of auto claims investigations and claims processing
- Effective leadership skills a must
- Excellent skills and experience interpreting policy language and state statutes
- Proven track record of making sound coverage and liability decisions
- Knowledge of state laws regulating the automobile insurance industry where required
- Proficient using MS Office
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage time while prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to evaluate results and choose the best solution to the problem.
- Occasional weekend work may be required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + Company Match
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer