Senior General Liability Claims Adjuster - Property, Auto - Remote
In this role, utilize your knowledge of general liability to investigate, evaluate, reserve and resolve claims to achieve appropriate outcomes. Provide superior customer service to internal and external business partners. Administer and resolve assigned claims in a timely manner, in accordance to jurisdictional requirements, policy coverages and company guidelines.
- Promptly investigate all assigned claims for coverage, liability, damages, subrogation and contribution
- Ensures timely disposition of all claims in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements
- Within granted authority, establish appropriate loss and expense reserves with documented rationale
- Maintain and adjust reserves over the life of the claim to reflect changes in exposure
- Notify appropriate claims management when exposure exceeds authority
- Negotiate claims resolution within granted authority
- Establish and execute appropriate action plans for claim resolution including loss cost management while achieving appropriate balance between allocated expense and loss outcome
- Work collaboratively with internal and external business partners in investigating and reaching appropriate disposition of all claims
- Select and manage service vendors to achieve appropriate balance between allocated expense and loss outcome
- Maintain working knowledge of regulatory and jurisdictional requirements for assigned claims territory
- Demonstrate technical proficiency through timely, consistent execution of best claim practices and established claims handling guidelines
- Communicate effectively with customers on claims and account issues
- Maintain and manage a diary system and claim pending to efficiently and effectively resolve all claims.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of equivalent work experience in an insurance related industry required
- At least 3 to 5 years of general liability claims management experience required; commercial lines experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with coverage, negligence principles, investigation and negotiation techniques
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and exercise good judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.