Bilingual Lead Accountant
Note: Written and verbal fluency in English/Spanish required. On site hybrid schedule in Miami strongly preferred.
Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM) offers specialty and commercial insurance and reinsurance products across key UK, European, Latin American, US, and other international locations. We provide brokers and insureds with a broad product range through both the Company and Lloyd's markets and have over 1,850 employees in approximately 65 offices.
We are one of the world's leading specialist re/insurers with a commitment to helping our employees, brokers and clients, and the communities in which we live and work, to prosper. As an employer it is important for us to promote a culture in which we adopt our core principles, communication, teamwork, performance, ambition. At Liberty Specialty Markets we create an environment where careers can flourish a place for people to learn, grow, develop, and celebrate success.
Responsible for preparing or overseeing critical and complex processing and/or analysis of financial reporting in accordance with accounting principles. Performs complex financial analysis utilizing intermediate to advanced technical accounting knowledge. Provides guidance and/or solutions on the most complex accounting issues. Oversees maintenance and controls of financial systems and continuously improves operational processes. Independently provides accounting, finance services, and technical expertise in support of internal and external customers. Research exceptions/variances and identifies and resolves issues as they arise. Presents findings/recommendations to Management.
- Prepares and reviews complex standard and ad hoc reports (monthly, quarterly and annual book close, which includes account reconciliations, control checks, manual journal entries, preparation of financial statements) utilizing a broad knowledge of accounting principles. Presents findings/recommendations to Management.
- Responsible for complex accounting and financial analysis. Prepares reports efficiently and effectively utilizing advanced technical accounting knowledge. Ensures appropriate use of historical information and current trends. Understands regulatory environment. Identifies, recommends and executes resolutions to issues as they arise.
- Responsible for following enterprise risk management and compliance procedures. Follows risk management and quality compliance processes to include quality control compliance (i.e. OFAC, attestation). Follows safeguards to protect company assets and ensure compliance with Corporate and Company procedures.
- Leading implementation of continuous process improvements opportunities including automation for accounting and finance working cross-functioning with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining efficient, cost effective, processes, controls and data management; including how departments interact.
- Reviews work serves as a technical resource, and provides feedback, training and guidance to Accountants and other cross-functional professionals.
- Communicates effectively with own team and across organizational boundaries to create alignment and ensure the successful completion of shared goals.
- Cultivates a strong collaborative environment focused on development of talent, driving innovation, and sharing our identity & values.
- Written and verbal fluency in English/Spanish required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience. Advance degree or CPA preferred along with a minimum of 5 years of accounting related experience.
- Insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis knowledge/skills is required. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and decision-making abilities.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills. Experience with Global ERP Systems. SAP is preferred.Experience leading complex projects of process improvements.Solid understanding of USGAAP is required.Advanced MS Excel, Financial Applications (Finance BI)Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions to achieve results.Comfortable leading meetings and able to communicate issues and trends to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.