Senior Paralegal Claim
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$69,200.00 - $114,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?This position performs a variety of complex paralegal duties and has a solid understanding of complex legal issues. Assists attorneys and others in legal case preparation and file management for moderate to complex matters which may include moderate to complex legal research, conducting investigations, drafting routine to complex documents and obtaining, reviewing, summarizing and analyzing all relevant documents, reports, records and other sources of information.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- May conduct moderate to complex legal research and analyzes to prepare legal documents.
- Assists with projects as requested.
- Compiles and/or drafts routine to complex legal documents for review and use by attorneys such as motions for summary judgment, discovery responses, subpoenas and/or privilege logs.
- May prepare and execute affidavits.
- Summarizes deposition transcripts and/or assists attorneys in deposition preparation of witnesses up to and including trial preparation.
- Prepares exhibits and other demonstrative evidence.
- Assists attorney in every aspect of trial strategy and preparation and shares in the responsibility of trial results.
- Categorizes and interprets data; reviews and analyzes reports, responses and records.
- Conducts investigations including interviews as needed and directed.
- Coordinates requests between multiple parties involved in litigation.
- Uses resources to identify and select subject matter experts and provides instruction on areas to address.
- Prepares and publishes legal holds.
- Prepares case summaries and/or case analysis reports
- Subpoenas records.
- Coordinates with Document Management to obtain underwriting files and certified policies.
- May provide testimony at depositions or trial, including as a corporate designee regarding company practices and procedures.
- Locates archived materials in a variety of formats such as microfilm and microfiche. Works with Claim and Underwriting Units to locate archived manuals and guidelines for all legacy companies.
- May review and process bills for payment.
- Captures time and records billable time in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Utilizes technology to respond efficiently to discovery requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Paralegal or litigation experience preferred.
- Insurance related experience preferred.
- General knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
- Highly proficient in using legal research software (e.g. Westlaw, Pacer), Microsoft Office and PDF Software.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Advanced grammar and writing skills.
- Intermediate Knowledge of general law office procedures and advanced knowledge of local court/jurisdiction rules and procedures.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time and tasks
- Advanced research and analytical skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and online research such as Westlaw and LexisNexis
- Ability to learn proprietary software systems.
- Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-Certified program.
What is a Must Have?
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a paralegal or related experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.