Account Executive, Private Client Services
We are looking for an exceptional communicator to assist in the ongoing management and development of our clientele for both personal and small commercial business accounts. The Agency Principal will be actively involved in mentoring this individual, and they will work closely with other agency leadership.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop new client and referral relationships
- Provide support to agency leadership
- Uphold and maintain the reputation of Chartwell Insurance Services with clients, insurance companies, and referral sources
- Prepare submissions to insurers and write new business proposals for prospective clients
- Maintain dialog with carriers
- Communicate regularly and promptly with team members
- Process endorsements and subsequent follow-ups to client
- Take calls from clients, carriers, and vendors and provide immediate assistance as needed
- Anticipate potential problems and request assistance as needed
- Make sound proactive recommendations to clients
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of relevant insurance expertise and knowledge of carriers' programs and underwriting rules
- Maintain quality standards to ensure accuracy, compliance with regulatory requirements, and adherence to professional and ethical business practices.
- Develop solid understanding of all systems including agency management and document imaging
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Preference for high net worth personal lines insurance experience
- Experience with Epic agency management and tech skills are not required, but are welcome
- Fine arts experience is not required but is preferred
- Experience in commercial lines is not required but is welcome
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors degree is strongly preferred
- Valid Florida property and casualty license, or ability pass the exam within 90 days of employment
Our ideal candidate is a productive, responsive, curious people-person. The industry and our clients' needs are flexible and dynamic – a strong candidate will be quick on their feet, enjoy creative problem solving, and work well under pressure and in volatile, time-sensitive situations. The ability to adapt to changing environments and remain calm and professional under demanding situations is paramount.
This position will be fully remote with two visits to head office in Chicago per year. We prefer someone who is located in, or willing to relocate to Florida.