Auto Property Damage Claim Adjuster - Level III
About Mendota Insurance
Mendota Insurance Company has been providing private passenger auto insurance to customers since 1989. Specializing in non-standard insurance, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service; our service is what sets us apart from our competitors.
At Mendota, innovation has been a goal since our founding. We currently offer our partner agents many products that help us meet our goal of providing outstanding efficiency and customer service, led by our proprietary internet based platform, Mendota Max.
For the last 34 years, Mendota has been supporting a cooperative work environment that is led by a great team of employees nationwide. We take pride in offering a challenging and rewarding work place, which has been proven by the number of employees who have found longevity in their careers at Mendota.
Education: Bachelor Degree or relevant experience
License Required: Obtain state insurance adjuster licenses as required within the first 60 days of employment.
Experience: 3+ years of prior claim adjusting experience.
KSA's (knowledge, skills, abilities):
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent listening skills.
· Complete state continuing education as required to maintain adjuster licensing.
· Ability to work independently.
· Practical thinker and intuitive decision maker.
· Organized yet flexible.
· Competency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
General Summary: Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and resolve automobile claims in multiple states.
· Handle moderate exposure cases.
· Obtain facts to evaluate coverage, liability, medical necessity, mechanics and causation/damages.
· Identify subrogation and salvage opportunities and complete required referral timely.
· Establish and maintain appropriate claim reserves.
· Provide timely contact with all required parties.
· Assure cost-effective resolution.
· Coordinate potential fraud investigations with SIU.
· Comply with state specific regulations and state fair claim practices requirements.
· Manage expenses through appropriate vendor oversight.
· Represent the claim department to our customers, retail agents, regulatory authorities, and other contacts to promote the Company's image and mission.
· Maintain quality claim files in accordance with appropriate best practices and claim handling file expectations.
· Participate in individual and department training as needed.
· Perform other duties as required.
Our employees enjoy great Benefits!
Mendota offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, company paid life and short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off. In addition, we offer a casual work environment (jeans allowed) in a comfortable office setting which includes free parking. EOE.
Note: The above description is intended to describe the basic duties and requirements of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills. You may be asked to perform tasks outside of your usual duties in support of the overall objectives of the organization.